Life With Bobux
Pineapple & Coconut Lion Cupcakes with Dane McGregor
Set your store
Does your little one have an upcoming isolation birthday you'd like to make a little more special? Or perhaps you're just keen to make some delicious treats regardless (we definitely are). Check out our Bobux Session with @bakergatherer Dane McGregor as he shares with us how to make these awesome Pineapple & Coconut Lion Cupcakes!
Is your little adventurer looking for some more things to do? Bobux Sessions bring all kinds of fun for little ones straight to your home. From Tuesdays to Saturdays during April we'll have some of our talented Kiwi friends take us through magical stories, science sessions, delicious treats to whip up at home, and yoga moves for young ones! Join us Live at 11am NZT on our instagram @bobuxshoes so your little ones can say hello to our special guests and ask them questions along the way, or check out the videos afterwards on our IGVT! See you there!
Meet - DANE McGREGOR
Hailing from Hamilton, Dane McGregor’s passion project is as a content creator known as the Baker Gatherer. He aims to create recipes that inspire and engage with his follower’s senses. Dane is also a father who has degrees in graphic design as well as early childhood teaching. As a foodie at heart, he is excited to bring his creations to the Bobux Sessions.
Pineapple & Coconut Lion Cupcakes
Here's what to do:
Pineapple Lion’s Mane
1. Remove the skin from the pineapple and cut ½ cm slices through the the pineapple.
2. Carefully cut out the circular core from the pineapple to form rings.
3. Place on a lined tray and bake at 80°C for 8-12 hours or until completely dried though. Turning often.
1. Preheat oven to 180°C bake and line a cupcake tray with paper cases. Set aside.
2. Either using a hand-beater or stand-mixer, beat together all of the cupcake ingredients until smooth.
3. Fill cupcake case about ⅔ full and bake for around 16 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean and cakes spring back when touched. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
2. Add the icing sugar in two stages, beating for 3 minutes between each stage.
3. Add the crushed pineapple and continue to beat until well incorporated and smooth.
1. Pipe blobs of buttercream on top of each cupcake and roll through shredded coconut.
2. Pipe a small blob of buttercream in the center of dried pineapple wheels, create eyes and a nose with chocolate chips and use dried pineapple offcuts to create ears.
3. Using toothpicks, insert these into the tops of the cupcake and sit the lion wheels atop securely.
Catch our next Bobux Session with @bakergatherer at 11am NZT Saturday 25th of April.